The $4.39 Target Find I Keep Stocked In My Fridge at All Times

Target storefront with some line illustrations
Simply Recipes / Photo Illustration by Wanda Abraham / Getty Images

Every time I shop at Target, I take a little detour to the grocery section. Even though groceries aren’t usually the reason for my trips to Target, I have a dedicated list of items that I stock up on whenever I’m there, and one of them is Tillamook’s Sharp White Cheddar Snacks

As I make my way through the dairy aisle, this song starts playing in my head and my imaginary tail starts wagging as I picture paying (myself) the Cheese Tax.

Why I Love Tillamook Sharp White Cheddar Snacks

Tillamook’s Sharp White Cheddar Snacks are perfectly portioned for a little moment of personal cheese bliss. I love having a bag in the fridge at all times because I never know exactly when the desire for cheese will find me—I can safely assume that it’ll happen daily.

The thing I love most about Tillamook’s cheese snacks is the quality of the cheese. I’ve eaten many individually portioned cheese snacks over the years, from string cheese to wee brie. The Tillamook cheese is in a class of its own, and my family heartily agrees.

There’s a tangy nuttiness to the sharp cheddar that gives each bite a little depth and complexity. I’d say each square is about four bites (for me, a savorer), and that means that each bite has something delicious to offer.

Tillamook Sharp Cheddar Squares
Simply Recipes / Laurel Randolph

Snacking for the Whole Family

These little squares are the picture of convenience. I can toss one in my purse to combat post-meeting hangries, and they’re a no-brainer for lunchboxes. Both my kids pack their own lunches, and they love not having to portion the cheese for themselves. They just pop a square or two in their lunchboxes and move on to the next thing—easy peasy! 

Over the summer, I’d throw a few cheese snacks in a cooler bag for the pool, and they made an excellent after-swim snack for quick refueling. These days, they’re good to have on hand for when I pick up my kids from their afterschool activities and they’re inevitably famished but we still have a while until dinner.

Beyond the flavor and practicality of these snacks, I’m also just a big Tillamook fan in general. I love several other Tillamook products, including their absurdly delicious ice cream sandwiches (especially the Oregon Strawberry) and their Old Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream, which sets a high bar that other vanilla ice creams would be lucky to live up to. 

All of their cheeses get a yes from me, but their Maker’s Reserve is a three-year aged cheddar that ends up on many of my fancy cheese plates and the occasional girl dinner.

Tillamook Cheddar Cheese Squares
Simply Recipes / Laurel Randolph


https://ift.tt/8bDVKgp https://ift.tt/xfej8sU

Comments