Throw Out All Other Trader Joe’s Seasoning Blends, Because THIS is the Best One

Trader Joe's storefront
Simply Recipes / Wanda Abraham

I’m probably not supposed to say this considering that I work for a recipe website, but I don’t cook for fun very often. When it comes to daily meals, I am more focused on making sure I feed myself enough to stay alive rather than trying new recipes and experimenting in my kitchen. I just don’t have the brain space at the end of a busy day to pull up a recipe on my phone.

In order to not lose my mind from the absolute boredom of eating the same things every day, I rely on my spice rack to, for lack of a better term, spice things up. I sprinkle a bit of Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Seasoning on my morning scrambled eggs. When I’m roasting vegetables as a healthy side dish, I cover them in Trader Joe’s Green Goddess Seasoning. Yes, most of my spice blends are from Trader Joe’s, the reigning king of seasoning blends. However, there is one that reigns above all others.

Trader Joe's Ranch Seasoning Blend
Simply Recipes / Trader Joe's

This Is the Best Trader Joe’s Seasoning Blend

I am not kidding when I say that I would throw every spice blend in my kitchen away if the Trader Joe’s Ranch Seasoning Blend asked me to, because it’s that good. This 2-ounce bottle (for just $2.99) has the power to transform my go-to meals into savory, delicious dishes that I want seconds and thirds of. It tastes EXACTLY like the best ranch dressing I’ve ever had, without the guilt of eating too much dressing. I can eat cleaner and healthier without sacrificing big flavors.

What’s exactly in this little bottle of magic? The perfect ratio of powdered buttermilk, granulated garlic, granulated onion, salt, sugar, black pepper, and dried green onions, dill, and chives. You only need a sprinkle to pack a punch, but I obviously use way too much because I just can’t help myself.

Ideas for Using Trader Joe’s Ranch Seasoning

On a typical day, I use my ranch seasoning at least three times. For breakfast, I sprinkle it on half of an avocado with a little bit of olive oil or on a sweet potato toast. For lunch or dinner, I sprinkle it on sheet pan veggies and on ground chicken or turkey instead of taco seasoning

Trader Joe’s advertises the seasoning by saying you should put it on popcorn, which I have never done but absolutely must try because that sounds amazing. You can use it to make your own ranch dressing—don’t worry, a recipe is on the side of the bottle—or instead of dried garlic or onion in a recipe. You can use it on baked chicken, in a ranch dip, or mashed potatoes

The better question is what can’t you use it on? Would it taste great sprinkled on pizza? Probably. Am I now wondering what a loaf of ranch bread would taste like? Yes. 

Sometimes cooking isn’t all fun and games. Sometimes it’s about getting something into your stomach and moving on with your life. But just because you aren’t making new things in your kitchen doesn’t mean your meal has to be boring, and a simple yet delicious spice blend can help keep things interesting. And if you only have room for one spice blend in your life, do yourself a favor and make it the Trader Joe’s Ranch Seasoning Blend. You won’t regret it.



https://ift.tt/HhladFc https://ift.tt/BCZy5vW

Comments