The Perfect Holiday Treat I Look Forward to Every Year

Williams Sonoma Store-Front
Simply Recipes / Getty Images

It takes a lot to make a gaggle of editors obsessed with a product. We get sent truckloads of products to try, and most of the time we are not wowed. So when something makes us stop and go in for a second bite, that is a winner. 

I’ll never forget the first time I tasted William Sonoma’s Peppermint Bark. I was working as the social media editor at Real Simple magazine, back when you had to go into the office every day. (Imagine that!) My co-workers and I received all sorts of samples, from food and wine to bras and home decor. It was our job to try things and decide if they were worth writing about for our readers—were the products worthy of your hard-earned money?

My colleague passed around a sparkling red tin filled with peppermint-speckled chocolate. I absentmindedly took a little piece while typing away at my computer, and as soon as the creamy, chocolatey, minty goodness hit my tongue, I stopped. “This is AMAZING!” I said out loud, looking around for the tin so that I could take another piece. Everyone smiled and nodded in agreement as they nibbled on their peppermint bark. The unanimous consensus? William Sonoma’s Peppermint Bark is the best holiday treat we’ve ever had. We were all hooked! 

Williams Sonoma Peppermint Bark
Simply Recipes / Williams Sonoma

William Sonoma’s Peppermint Bark is everything you want a peppermint bark to be. The chocolate is creamy and a little bitter, mixing beautifully with the tingling sensation from the peppermint flavor, which is not overpowering at all. There are little crunchy chunks of peppermint, which make snacking on them even better because of the satisfying texture. 

It’s also a perfect gift if you can stop eating them long enough to share with someone else. You can get them in cute little puppy paw prints (get it…bark?!) or in a three-pack, which includes other bark flavors, like salted peppermint and dark chocolate peppermint. Each tin is shiny and festive enough that you don’t even need to wrap it. (Reuse it as a Christmas cookie tin when your last piece of bark has been eaten. I love a delicious, eco-conscious gift!) 

Whether you are looking for a gift for someone in your life or just looking to binge on a tasty holiday treats, I highly recommend buying as many tins of Williams Sonoma Peppermint Bark as possible. And don’t worry, when you get to the end and you start to miss them, they always come back next year.



https://ift.tt/PpZ1Ens https://ift.tt/SM5XrqO

Comments